Saturday 9 January 2016

The bottom.

With the frame for the hull ready the next step is to cut the plywood sheets for bottom and deck. At this point I cut the plywood quite roughly with some mm safety margin to enable adjustment when gluing the sheets to the frame. The plywood sheet for the bottom needs to be extended since the hull is over 3,2 meters long and the plywood covers the entire bottom. The joints for the extension pieces where planned down to a big angle to maximize the surface at the joint and glued together with white water based weather resistant glue.



As the garden table was needed for working with the plywood sheets the frame was stored under the roof.



With the bottom plywood extended and roughly cut it is ready to be glued to the bottom of the boat. I  set up the job completely once before actually applying any glue to make sure I had everything needed. Again I used white water based weather resistant glue. I chose not to use any screws here. I believe the adhesive bond will be strong enough.





No comments:

Post a Comment